Monday, April 5, 2010

Marvelous Things!

This is a compendium of some beautiful things I encountered today.

First-- and these can't be put fully here-- I saw the first dandelions of the spring. That alone makes today worth waking up for, but there was even more to it than that! Beautiful, I know. (I may be easily amused).

I've been spending some time perusing a blog-style compilation of "literary tattoos" at Contrariwise. There are some pretty beautiful stories in there, and pretty tattoos with that.

That lead me on some brief explorations, including one which turned up this little snippet from Ray Bradbury. It concerns magic, and immortality, and electricity. Perfect topics. So, In His Own Words.

(I wanted to share this with Andy, but he of course already knows it by heart. He directed my attention to this YouTube video, of Bradbury telling the story).


Another avenue of thought lead me to this Bukowski poem, called My Doom Smiles at Me. I've never read much Bukowski, but I am thinking I may have to change that; I love the final few lines:

"like the fox
I run with the hunted and
if I'm not the happiest
man on earth I'm surely the
luckiest man
alive."

I've a few more poems I'd like to post, but I don't want to impact the mood of this one-- so, I think, those will come later. Until then--

No comments:

Post a Comment