Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beautiful; Insatiable

On Friday, Andy and I went on a last-minute road-trip to see one of my favorite bands in concert. It was my third time seeing them, but it's a different experience all the time-- Cloud Cult (the band) is a wonderful group of performers. It blows me away every time. I've been listening to one of their older albums a lot lately; it's called The Meaning of 8, and I would definitely recommend it. This is one of my very favorite songs right now. It kind of describes some of my feelings of late.



I was sleeping in the lilies--
or was I up all night?
These days, it's hard to tell what's half-asleep
from fully alive.
And oh, God, it's beautiful--
insatiable--
the way our chemicals collide.
Oh, God, it's unforgettable--
unpredictable--
the way our chemicals collide.


I very well might be in love. I will admit that here, first.

Incidentally, Andy is my former penpal (for those keeping score at home) with whom I thought I had no chance. I have never been so happy to be proven wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment